Weekly games!

[color=#BF00FF]The idea:[/color]
So, a group of us have been meeting fairly regularly for gaming.
It is generally on Thursday, generally starts at 19h00 or 19h30 and it takes place at Spielbar.

Systems vary a lot from one game to the other but we often privilege one-shots or short series of games; although episodic campaigns do take place too…

[color=#BF00FF]Organisation:[/color]
Yesterday, a few of us discussed a bit after the game and, in addition to starting a fresh thread, we decided to add a bit of organization to these games.
Basically, it would be nice if DMs could announce on Friday or during the week-End what game they intent to run.
Then people can mention, before Thursday, if they are interested in playing it.

This is important for some games that are better played in small groups.
Ideally for such games, if more people want to play than the game allows, we will try to run another session in parallel to accommodate the extra-players… But that might require advance warning and that is the reason why it would be nice to give a shout-out in advance…

[color=#BF00FF]Upcoming games:
[/color]

Next week should me an Halloween special from the Masterful Harald.
Then we will continue the ongoing campaign of Pendragon.
There is also a game of “Apocalypse World” coming up, but spots might be limited on this one…

In the more distant future, I am planning on running a near-future cop game and our first French speaking (not my idea but I’ll roll with it). You won’t have to actually speak French, just to have an application of “Google translate” available…

I think the consensus was that the players should mention said interest in a post 2 days before the actual day of the game. Just to make sure the GM knows how many are going to show up and to be able to maybe find a second GM and split the party or another game that allows more people at the table, a.s.o. if the player limit is exceeded.

The GM on the other hand could post the game he wants to run, the actual date of the game (mostly to show what weekday it is actually going to be) and the player limit (if any).

I think this is an interesting idea and we should try it out.

Maybe 2 days in advance (for player participation) is a bit tight, especially if it becomes necessary/desired to organize a second group in the remaining time, perhaps? But we’ll see :slight_smile:

[quote=“Auburney”]I think this is an interesting idea and we should try it out.

Maybe 2 days in advance (for player participation) is a bit tight, especially if it becomes necessary/desired to organize a second group in the remaining time, perhaps? But we’ll see :slight_smile:[/quote]
Hey, the sooner the better :exclamation:
But I think it’s a good start and we should see how it’s going to work out.

BTW: Didn’t the people at Spielbar ask us to reserve a table from now on? Might be good to do that, cause maybe they also have some halloween-special around that date and there might be more people that day…

Happy to comply…

Well, sort of, because once again, I’m not actually going to tell you what game we’ll be playing. I will say that it’s something seasonal, perhaps even in more ways than one. Weltspartag: The RPG, perhaps?

Should that possibility not scare you off, join us on Wednesday the 30th around 7 pm at Spielbar for some spooky fun. (That’s real world Wednesday, not Auburney Wednesday.)

Since it’s the day before Weltspartag (and one of those other holidays, too), some people have already threatened to wear costumes and turn the evening into a bit of a party. Don’t say you weren’t warned.

There will be no player limit for this game. Come one, come all, bring your friends, familiars and summoned monsters. See you on Wednesday!

I’ll be back in Vienna by then.
Looking forward to it!

see you at wednesday :slight_smile:

Oh yes, forgot to mention: This is a one-shot, one night only. No campaign, no commitment.

See you there!

Looking forward to it! To the costumes as well! :smiley:

Hopefully, I’ll have my costume ready… Second time I come to pick up the package with the last bits, and I still don’t have the stuff…

See y’all on Wednesday :smiley:

I can’t join tomorrow and next week either. See you guys in 2 weeks, have fun! :slight_smile:

Let’s see, what would be a truly scary costume? Zombie? Vampire? Chancellor Stronach?

Hmm … maybe I should just go as an old school DM. What could be more frightening for a table full of players?

Chancellor Stronach is an excellent idea. Or you could come as the host/DM from Knightmare.

Or the one from the old D&D cartoon.

or him. or the keeper of the crypt.

ouch. sorry to cancel on such short notice but i won’t be able to make it either. have fun you guys.

Short notice, but it is now fixed: I can come tonight! Work looked like they were gonna be hardasses and have us pull an evening shift, but that’s fortunately averted :smiley:

Now, I just need a costume…

Terrific! Good thing I reserved a slightly larger table…

(Now I just need to prepare a game…)